In February and March 2013 Heartbeat held its debut US Tour. For over two weeks, an
ensemble of Heartbeat’s Arab and Jewish youth musicians (ages 17-21) traveled from
Boston to Washington, DC for 17 performances reaching over 1,500 individuals through
live performances and over 20,000 individuals through social and traditional media.
Visiting some of the world’s most celebrated universities and music venues, the tour program featured uplifting performances interweaving traditional and modern Eastern and Western music combating the tidal wave of separation, fear, violence, and injustice with powerful sounds and voices calling for cooperation, equality, and peace.
Heartbeat’s US Tour was covered in many news sources. Please take a moment to read them all and share with friends and family!
- US State Department’s Feature Video on HEARTBEAT / US State Department’s Feature Video on HEARTBEAT (w/Arabic Subtitles)
- HEARTBEAT- Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Heartbeat, An Israeli-Palestinian Youth Band: Teaching Tolerance Through Music
- Band tries to Bridge Israeli-Palestinian Gap
- Music for Change- Spotify
- Heartbeat Palestinian and Israeli Youth Musicians on Their Debut Tour
- Peace Through Music
- Peace Week Kicks Off with Youth Music Concert
- Heartbeat Ensemble to Perform in Penn Valley
- Musicians Promote Peaceful Coexistence Through Music
- Israeli – Palestinian Music Group Brings Message of Peace to Worcester
- Heartbeat’s Concerts Build Understanding
- Peace Through Music in Live Music News and Review