Grant Researcher/General Communications Intern
*THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AS OF 4.11. NEW OPENINGS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. *
Heartbeat is currently seeking to add a new member to its team as a grant researcher and general communications intern to assist Heartbeat’s Director and Development and Communications Associate.
Heartbeat unites Israeli and Palestinian youth to build trust and transform conflict through the power of music. Founded in 2007 under a Fulbright-MTVu fellowship, Heartbeat empowers Israeli and Palestinian musicians by creating opportunities and spaces for musicians from both sides to hear each other and work together to build trust between their communities. Since 2007, over 100 youth musicians have come together through a variety of programs including retreats, workshops, camps, overseas exchanges, and the development of ensembles.
As a grassroots organization seeking to amplify the voices of youth to transform conflict, there are many benefits to interning with Heartbeat, such as:
- Hands on experience working for social change with a young, dynamic, and creative nonprofit social enterprise
- Networking opportunities with other NGOs working to build peace, justice, and equality amongst Israelis and Palestinians
- Professional administrative skills
- 1 year experience preferred in grant research/writing
- Worked with youth in some capacity, whether via formal, non-formal, informal education
- Familiarity with the Middle East from a cultural, narrative, and historical standpoint, with a strong understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the current situation on the ground in Israel/Palestine
- 4 Year B.A., or currently nearing completion of B.A.
- Excellent researching, writing, and organizational skills
- Based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, with the ability to work as part of an international team
- Detail-oriented, professional, a team player, and reliable to deliver responsibilities on time
- Commitment to social justice
- Conversational skills in Hebrew and Arabic a plus
- Graphic Design skills a plus
- Assist in grant research, and building relationships with potential foundations
- Assist in social media outreach, and general communication needs
- Assist with general administrative needs
- Assist Heartbeat in achieving its strategic priorities
- 10 hours/week for at least 3 months
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of a professional correspondence and LOI, and hours of availability to email@example.com .